Launching a Healthcare Technology Product
Goal: Introduce the pharmacy industry to Ultimedex, a technology product developed by MICROMEDEX designed to improve patient safety by flagging duplicate medications and those that could cause drug interactions in pharmacy computer systems.
- Developed positioning about the new product and problems it was designed to solve.
- Developed messaging and news releases
- Pitched target publications serving retail and hospital-based pharmacists
- Identified and interviewed a satisfied customer in a hospital-based pharmacy and pitched a by-lined article to US Pharmacist.
- Two-page spread in US Pharmacist, a key target publication
- Broad-based coverage in a range of publications, whose value in advertising dollars was 200 percent of the investment of PR fees.