Conversation trends find a return to newsletters and podcasts.
Emphasize social media in your 2021 marketing strategy. And some long-time #marketing techniques – like #newsletters – are new again. Those are key takeaways in Hubspot’s 2021 #SocialMedia Marketing Trends Report. During the pandemic, newsletter mentions increased 14 percent. Also – voice calls are coming back! Currently, 68 percent of consumers text more than they talk on their smartphones.
But voice is returning, with voice search, voice notes and now voice Tweets. The report predicts these #socialmedia trends will increase this year, with 164,000 mentions.
Hubspot’s key takeaways:
- Gen Z and the future Generation Alpha are more socially conscious. The pandemic recession has hammered Gen Z’ers– 50% have lost a job or had someone in their household lost a job. Companies need to engage more on topics like mental health, social justice and inclusivity.
- User-generated content is king. People relate to people using your brand, rather than your product or service.
- Ensure that your email, social media and other channels are secure as more hackers are taking over legitimate channels and disseminating false information.
- Provide the information consumers need. Two-thirds of consumers say brand transparency is one of the most important qualities they consider.
- Use newsletters to nurture your audience. More than 30 percent of B2B marketers rate newsletters as the best tool for nurturing leads.
- Craft messages in compliance with the 4Cs of COVID-19: (Cleanliness, Contactless, Community and Compassion)
- Create content like you “meme” it – Memes are replacing GIFs – especially with the under 35’s. Example: #inittogether.
- Conversational marketing is a method of engaging customers through conversations – through chatbots, social messaging, and calls. The goal is building #relationships through more personalized, 1:1 content.
- Go Big on Social media – but don’t spread yourself too thin.
- Remixing is the new User-Generated Content. Users are remixing content using apps like Instagram Reels, TikTok and Koji.
The report is free. Download it at http://bit.ly/Hubspotsocialmediatrends2021